The primary function of the Finance Department is preparing the annual county budget and supervising the budget throughout the year. Additionally, the office also conducts annual budget hearings/meetings for county departments. Other responsibilities of the department include:
- Advising the Board of Commissioners on fiscal matters.
- Recording and processing of county revenue for eventual deposit.
- Investing of county funds.
- Application and reporting of state and federal grants.
- Managing county debt and initiating debt-related payments.
- Maintaining internal ledgers for various funding sources.
- Reconciling of bank and investment accounts.
- Management of all property and casualty insurance policies.
As a convenience to the public, copies of the county budget and the audited financial statements can be found below:
Audited Financial Statements
95 West Beau Street
Washington, PA 15301